Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Damn cheating bastard!

I’m not a huge baseball fan, but when you’re home team goes to the World Series, you take notice. Especially in Saint Louis, where some of the most fanatic baseball fans in the country live. I’ve got to go ahead and put it out there. Kenny Rogers is a cheater. He has shamed his team and shamed Detroit. The umpires should be canned for dropping the ball and not kicking him out of the game.
I do applaud Tony Larussa for not pressing the issue though. If I were in the world series and someone cheated, everyone knew it but those who can do something about it didn’t, then I wouldn’t stomp my feet and throw a fit. Will it get something done about it? Probably not. What it would do is tarnish the win. Saint Louis is in a pretty good position though. Supposing we lose by one game, we can always say it was because of that cheating bastard. They had to resort to cheating to beat us, so what does that say about us? If we win, the victory is that much sweeter because we overcame the opposition even with them cheating.
Cheating bastard.

0 comments: