Monday, April 02, 2007

Another CLEP test down!

I took, and passed, my Natural Sciences CLEP test today. Woo hoo! For those who don't know what a CLEP test is, basically it is an equivalency test that gives you college credit if you pass it. Today, I passed the Natural Sciences test, which gives me 6 college credits. I'd say it's a pretty good deal for a 120 minute test that cost me a total of $80 to take. Well, tack on another $30 for a study guide for it.

This test puts me closer than ever to my goal of graduating in June. Actually, unless I somehow fail one of my last two classes, this test solidifies my participation in the graduation ceremony. You need to have 9 credits or less to go in order to participate in the ceremony, which I will be at after I finish the last two weeks of the class I am currently in. After that, I have one class to go and one last CLEP test to take.

My next test is a History and Sociology test, which won't be easy, but I have backups in case I fail the test. There are other tests I can take to make up for it if I don't do well. That wasn't the case with the Natural Sciences test. If I failed that one, my only other options would be the straight up Biology or Chemistry tests. There is no way I'd pass those, so it's really good that I passed the Natural Sciences test (which included both of those previous categories as well as a few others).

I'm taking a week off from studying, then I have a week of training at work. After that, I will start studying for my last CLEP test. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Azul said...

Hi, there. I read your blog on taking CLEP tests. Just wondering if you had taken the Biology test recently? I'm about to take it next month and I am anxious to know what exactly is on the test. Thanks. Good luck !

Doctors in India said...

Amazing amount of great, actionable advice. I will keep coming back to this for a while to try and implement many of these! Thanks!