Friday, February 09, 2007

A new keyboard!

So, I was having problems typing on my new computer. It was sort of semi-freezing up every once in a while. I thought it was everything, but it turns out it was just while typing. It would hold on a key or the space every once in a while, which resulted in repeated letters or spaces. So, before I tore apart my computer thinking it was bad memory or something else causing the virtual hiccup, I decided to test the keyboard first. So I bought a new keyboard and it seems to be working fine. I bought the Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000. You know what, I really like it, but I have two problems with it as well. The first being that it has no palm rest, so it's not very comfortable to type on straight out of the box. This can be easily fixed by purchasing a palm rest, which I'll do tomorrow. The second thing, and I don't know if this can be fixed or not. I may swing by Office Depot and try their display model to see if it does this too. The space bar clicks pretty loud. It's loud enough that it's very distracting to me. I'm going batty listening to it right now. None of the other keys click like this. The other keys make that keyboard key pressed sound, but the space bar sounds like two pieces of plastic clicking together. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to sound like this. If I test the display model and it doesn't do it, then I'll bring this one back and exchange it. I have to bring back my chair anyway. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the chair. I bought an office chair for my tiny little home office. The thing broke on me. So, I took it back and got a new one. This one is broken too! The other one broke because it wasn't meant to leaned back in the way I was leaning and the back snapped. So, really it was my fault. This chair is broken right out of the box. NOT MY FAULT. I can't lower or raise the chair because the little lever is broken. So, I'm taking it back again tomorrow and I think I'm going to upgrade to a different chair.

0 comments: