Friday, March 09, 2007

I hope I never need an Intervention

My wife is watching the show Intervention on A&E right now. I generally don’t watch that show with her; it generally doesn’t interest me that much. My wife sure likes it though. I’m not sure if it’s the “I’m glad that’s not me” thoughts or if it’s the watching someone at such a low point in their life get help. I do know this. Those people definitely need help. I’ve watched it a couple of times and they usually go off to a drug rehab facility like this Stone Hawk place. Now, they very rarely if ever show the facility itself, but this Stone Hawk place looks nice. I mean, it looks like a vacation resort. Of course, I don’t mean to trivialize treatment centers and the great work that they do. While I’ve personally never been to drug rehab myself, the website for this Stone Hawk place looks like it has a great program. It looks clean and very nice, like I said, it looks like a resort. I imagine that having a treatment center that looks like a resort can help ease someone into the program. Like I said though, I can only imagine. All I know is that the people in that Intervention show have definitely hit rock bottom and if I was at such a low point in my life, I would want to take my first steps back into my new life at someplace like this. After all, you can always pretend you’re on vacation for the first few days. Of course, this is me thinking. The first few days are probably the worst ones and you probably couldn’t care less what the place looks like at that point. Hopefully I’ll never have to use a facility like Stone Hawk, but I’m sure glad that someone has a place like this just in case I ever do need it.

0 comments: