Monday, March 12, 2007

Where did the sun go? Oh. I'm in your shadow again...

I spent the majority of my day in meetings. Basically the same meeting with different people, really. I had to give a presentation of what a presentation in a court room would look like using the software we use to present in court rooms. Does that make sense? Anyway, I had to present it to the two attorneys that I have been working with, then I had to make some modifications to their specifications. I made those modification over my lunch, and then informed the attorneys that the changes were made. I then had to make the presentation again for them so they can see the changes and make sure that they knew what they were talking about when they requested the changes. Once everything was good, they then invited the three primary attorneys to view the presentation. One of which, I didn't know this until it was over, was the CEO of the firm. Anyway, I was presenting to them and afterwards, one of them mentions that they've seen this software used in the court room before. It was done by a certain person who I won't name, by a certain law firm that I won't name, and it was done on a specific case that I won't name. Well, it turns out that the person was my old boss, the firm was my old firm, and the case was a case that I had personally worked on. I didn't present the case in trial, but I assisted on it before it went to trial. In all of my trial work that I had done at my previous law firm, every attorney knew my boss's name and wanted him to do their trial. I spent all of my time trying to live up to his reputation in those situations. He also did great work outside of trial, and I had to try to live up to that as well. Well, now I work at a different law firm and i'm STILL having to try and live up to him. How crazy is that? I'm supposed to have lunch with him tomorrow. I'm definitely going to have to give him a hard time about that. What? He's not my boss anymore...I can do that.

0 comments: