Monday, March 12, 2007

Who doesn't have a smartphone these days?

There is some news about smartphones at Wirefly. To me, it’s almost like common knowledge based on observations in my workplace, but it’s interesting to see it nationwide though. Wirefly announced a sharp growth in smartphones. So sharp that in the first quarter of 2007, sales of smartphones grew 70% from the third quarter of 2006. That’s a lot of Treos and Blackberries being sold. I work in the IT oriented legal industry, so everyone has a smartphone. I just recently moved to a new law firm and they actually give almost everyone there a blackberry. Of course, you’re expected to answer email and phone calls at anytime because they’re paying for it, but they give it to you never-the-less. I really like my blackberry and I can see why so many people are switching to them. This is a digital world and I am a digital…well, you know.

0 comments: