Monday, March 12, 2007

Now, about that leather mask...

I used a chainsaw for the first time this weekend. Oh yeah! Fear me! Ok, it was an electric chainsaw, so you only have to fear me if you're within 100' of an electric outlet. Seriously though, I had some downed tree limbs in my back yard from the last ice storm we had. Sure, it was several months ago, but it's been cold. The last thing I want to do in cold, ugly weather is go outside and work in it. So, in the back yard they sat. I attempted to move them one passibly warm afternoon, but they were too heavy. They would have to be cut. My mother just bought a chainsaw and offered to let me borrow it. What my mother is doing with a chainsaw...I don't want to get into it. I'll leave that for another post. So anyway, I borrowed the chainsaw, uncoiled the extention cord, and fired it up. I have to admit, it was pretty cool. That saw cut through those limbs like hot knife through butter. Well, a woody butter that spits dust and woodchips. Regardless, it was fun. Then came the unfun part, picking up all those sticks. And to think, someone went and made a children's game of picking up sticks. Con artists.

0 comments: