Friday, November 23, 2007

The Artwalk in St. Augustine, Florida.

Now, this is cool. In St. Augustine, Florida, on the first Friday of every month, they have Artwalk. The St. Augustine Artwalk is a free, self guided art tour of the local galleries in the art district. They even have shuttles running every 30 minutes.

I particularly like Peter O'Neill, one of the featured artists. His skyscapes are really great, especially the dark and stormy ones. There is one piece that I find really interesting. It is called Second Look and it's a close view of a woman glancing at your from over her glasses. What I find interesting about it, is the perspective changes each time I look at it. I'll look at it and she'll look very seductive, then I'll look again and I see a little bit of disdain in her glance, like she's been interrupted and she's annoyed.

I'm also amazed by the paintings of Sydney McKenna, whose paintings can be so realistic they look like photographs. I'm completely amazed by that kind of talent.

Regardless of your artist tastes, I'm sure you'll find something you would like. So, if you're in the St. Augustine area, you should definitely head down and check it out. Remember, it's the first friday of every month.


0 comments: