Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Confess your sins to Sweeny Todd

Come one, come all. Vent your aggressions and confess your sins of revenge.

Seriously though, this is pretty neat. In a promotion for the new Tim Burton movie, Sweeny Todd, which looks fantastic, there is a confessional open online to share stories of revenge. First thing, visit the official Sweeney Todd movie site, and then go the Confessional to share your story. If you'd like, you can even visit Sweeney Todd on MySpace.

I have a confession of revenge that I'll make right here and now. It may not be a bloody path of bodies in the vein of Sweeny Todd, but to me, it felt so good at the time.

I went on a trip with a friend of mine a long time ago and we ended up running into Doug Bradley, the actor who played Pinhead in the Hellraiser movies, so we wanted to get his autograph. The only thing we had at the time was a clothespin (don't ask). So, we pulled the clothespin apart and had him sign each half. It was funny to us since we had pinhead signing a clothespin. Anyway... Since we didn't want to lose the clothespin halves, we reassembled the clothespin and put it away. Well, after we got back home from our trip, I went to his house to visit and I asked for my half of the clothespin. He didn't have it. He had given my half away to another mutual friend. It wasn't the mutual friend's fault, he didn't know that the pin was mine. I wasn't happy about it and I thought it was pretty low to do something like that.
I could have socked him in the eye or something similar, but I didn't. I waited.

I waited months, until we both were attending a party where there was a lot of drinking going on. When my friend was good and drunk, I swiped the clothespin from him, as he had it on him (again, don't ask). I kept the clothespin for a few weeks, then I burned it. It felt good to do it. I thought, if I don't deserve it, then he definitely doesn't. The only person who will keep a half of the clothespin will be the innocent party who received it unknowingly.

I know, I know. It's not exactly "MuaHaHaHa" material, but I never promised greatness. I only promised revenge, and to me, it was ever so sweet.



0 comments: