Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fun toys!

I recently received package of stuff to try out and review. The stuff all came from a company called Vat19 who sell all sorts of really entertaining novelty stuff like a USB Missile Launcher and various other things. What I received were three things. I received Color Flames Colored Candles, 1 Smencils Gourmet Scented Pencil, and Insta Snow Fake Snow Powder. I'm going to tell you about all three, briefly.

First, the Color Flames Colored Candles. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot to tell you about this one. Since it wasn't someone's birthday and I didn't have any other occasion to use colored candles, such as a power outage at a rave, I didn't get to really use them. I lit them, and they looked really neat with their colored flames, I can't really attest to their use. I imagine that would be fun at a kid's party. They would DEFINITELY be a lot less annoying than those candles that relight themselves that your favorite uncle seems to think are hilarious...year after year.

Second, the 1 Smencils Gourmet Scented Pencil. This one was kind of neat. As far as functionality goes, I mean, it's a pencil. It doesn't do anything other than what you would expect of a pencil. It writes and then if you flip it over, it erases. One thing that is kind of neat though is that it's made from recycled newspapers. That's pretty cool. The main selling feature of pencil is that it smells. The pencil I received was scented cherry. I tell you what, it smelled good. It was strong too. I've seen scented pencils before and they always have a very light smell that you can really only smell when you've got the dang thing right up to your nose and you're sucking in air like a hoover. At the end you're light headed and you "think" you might have smelled Cinnamon, or whatever scent that the pencil is supposed to be. Well, this pencil is definitely not like that. It was pretty strong and it apparently lasts pretty long too. Now, I haven't done a two month blindfolded study or anything, but I left the pencil out of it's little smell containing holder and it didn't seem to lose an ounce of its scent. Oh, and it writes and erases as you would expect a pencil to.

The last thing I looked at was the Insta Snow Fake Snow Powder. Now, I don't know exactly what they make this stuff out of, but it's awesome. I mean, truly awesome. It's just this white powder that you add water to and it becomes an instant pile of snow. Well, warm snow that doesn't melt, that is. This stuff would be great to play practical jokes with. I imagine this stuff would be very popular in college dorms.
I have two little girls who loved the stuff too. What they loved most was watching the snow grow and form. They kept having me do it over and over again. I ran out of the small package I was sent pretty quickly. I now know what I'm getting them for Christmas this year as one of their stocking stuffers.

As a parting thought, I wanted to say that the Vat19 website has a ton of neat stuff on there. I spent a ton of time browsing all of the fun toys while I was checking to make sure that the Insta Snow was non-toxic for my girls to play with (it is non-toxic, by the way). So, check it out. I think you'll like it.

0 comments: