Friday, November 30, 2007

We won! We win on all counts!

We won! We won on all counts and won our counterclaim, in which they awarded us 2.5 million dollars in damages. Woo hoo!

You know what I'm the happiest about though. I'm happy that we were able to restore the reputations of the good people we were defending. Having worked with these guys on this case for the past year, it has become more about helping them get their lives back than anything else. I'm just so happy that we could do that. It was pretty emotional in the courthouse after the verdict was read.

I'm still buzzing about it and I'm super happy with the outcome. We couldn't have hoped for a better result. It's just so nice to see the results of all of the hard work and long hours put into this case turn out in your favor.

You know what's really crazy though. I made the news. I'm just the Litigation Support guy, but I was featured on Channel 4, not once, but twice. I'm not so sure what was so interesting about me leaving the courtroom that they had to show me twice, but they did.

So, here is the link to the video of the story. I'm the guy the first focus on when they show people leaving. You know, the good looking guy trailing behind the other large group of people.

http://www.kmov.com/video/topvideo-index.html?nvid=197440&shu=1

Woo hoo!

0 comments: