Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The stuffed dog...

I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but somehow, my daughter convinced her great-grandmother to buy her a life size stuffed dog. Her great-grandmother hates dogs and would never normally buy one, stuffed or otherwise. The only thing she said was that "she wanted it", but there must be more. I'll have to investigate.

It's very odd to have a life size stuffed dog around the house. Now, I've had dogs all of my life up until about two years ago when we discovered that one of my daughters is allergic. So, I had to give my dog to my mother and that's where she's been ever since. Well, now, it's like having a dog in the house again...for about 3 seconds at a time, until I realize it's not real.

Seriously, I'm astonished at how often I walk into the room and think it's real. I have also gotten up from the couch or off of my chair and bumped into it and said "move dog", which is what I normally said to my dog when it was in my way. I know, I know, it sounds much harsher than it was. We had an understanding.

Of course, this dog doesn't shed and is a whole lot cheaper to feed.

0 comments: