Saturday, November 25, 2006

Inherent Evilness

A while back, my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told her I wanted a GPS for the car since I'm always lost and couldn't find my way out of a paper bag without a map. She moaned and groaned that it was too expensive. They are expensive, she's got me there. So, I told her that she can get me whatever else she wants or nothing at all. Doesn't matter. She then asked about which GPS I would want, or randomly throwing names of certain GPS that were on sale any particular week in the newspaper inserts at me. So, now she's basically told me that it was too expensive and she was going to get me something else. Not a big deal. Every once in a while she brings it up though. Annoyingly so. It's almost like rubbing it in that she's not getting it. Well, it just so happens that I do our bills and manage our money. I noticed a rather large payment to Walmart.com the other day. So, I go online to Walmart.com and enter my ID. Nothing. I then enter my wife's ID and password and pull up her purchase history. Low and behold. She got me the GPS I wanted. Well, the "affordable" one that I wanted, anyway. So, armed with this knowledge, I asked a few probing questions to her. She again went into the "too expensive" mode and told me that I wasn't getting it. Well, now that I already know I AM getting it. I have this inherent evil inside me that wants to play this out in an somewhat unkind manner. I keep wanting to start pressing the issue that I definitely DON'T want a GPS now and start campaigning for something else. I fight the urge to do this because it's just plain mean. I mean, she only wants to surprise me, right? Why the evil thoughts? I guess I'm just a bastard that way.

0 comments: