Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Penny Arcade

I'm not a huge gamer anymore. Not since I got married and had kids, but I do get to play every once in awhile. A few of my friends still play and I play vicariously through them occasionally. I still hear about the latest games and get the full scoop on them when they come out. Well, there is an online comic that caters to this crowd and it's called Penny Arcade. This has got to be one of the funniest online comics around. More than half of the comics directly relate to video games and about half of those are pretty specific to a video game, so if you don't play that game you might not get the joke completely. The non-video game humor is knee slapping funny though. If you haven't checked them out, you should. I visit them every day they have a new comic posted, which is Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. Apparently, they make enough money with this comic website to financially support themselves (there's two of them) and their staff of three additional people. They hold their own convention each year called PAX, which I believe stands for Penndy Arcade eXpo. I'm pretty sure. They also hold a HUGE charity event called Child's Play that helps give video games to children in hospitals. Very cool guys. Check them out.

0 comments: