Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Sometimes...I worry

My mother has to be one of the most gullible people on the internet. I worry sometimes. Seriously. If you’ve seen those hoax emails that say that Microsoft or whoever is going to send you a dollar for every person you forward this email to and a dollar for every person THEY send it to, and so on, my Mom believes it and sends it on to me and almost everyone in her address book. I feel it’s my sonly duty to reply back with the link to urbanlegends.com or some other website debunking the email she received. I sat her down and explained to her that it’s impossible for those emails to work like that. Her excuse is always, well what if it works this time? It doesn’t hurt to forward it and it only takes a minute of your time. I mean, I have no argument for her that she’s can’t justify somehow. I tell her that it does hurt because it clogs up everyone’s email will useless junkmail and nobody wants more junkmail than they already receive.
Sometimes I worry about her.

0 comments: