Thursday, November 16, 2006

Playstation 3 insanity

So, I had to stop at my local Target store this morning and there was a line of people outside waiting for the new Playstation 3. Craziness. I talked to one of them and he said that they had been out there since 8pm the night before. Insane. I’m here in St. Louis (just outside actually, but close enough) and we got some nasty weather last night, plus we were expecting snow this morning as well. They intentionally stood out in the rain and muck for this.
After my meeting with the crazies at Target, I drove by my local Best Buy and saw what can only be described as a refugee camp. There were tents on the sidewalks everywhere. There were tents set up in front of other stores near Best Buy. How can they possibly allow that? I know I wouldn’t want to go into a store with a half crazed Playstation junkie on the stoop. I like video games as much as the next guy, but no game system is worth the trouble that these people are going through. Now, there is one additional factor to this that has to be considered. At least 25% of the people standing out there are probably there for love of money and not the almighty Playstation 3. I recently saw this ebay auction. $2500 for a Playstation 3. Someone must have a serious video game habit and an unlimited supply of money. Actually, there must be more than one person who has the same habit and slightly lower supply of money because somebody had to help drive that price up that high. This whole thing is insane.

0 comments: