Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Decent

So, I just got finished watching The Decent. I have to say, it's not half bad. They spend a lot of time building up the characters, so it means a tiny bit more when they die. I tell you what, they don't stereotype the characters into caricatures for you. Because of that though, they are all a little hard to tell apart. They all sort of look alike, especially when you gear them up, smear some dirt on them, and take away almost all of the lighting. The only person you can really tell apart from first glance is the asian chick, but then again, she's the only person who's ethnically different from everyone else. Anyway, the reactions are pretty realistic, at least I think so. It does what it sets out to do, which is try to scare you. (I'm not going near a cave anytime soon). The ending was a bit lame, but still ok. Anyway, if you're a horror fan, you should probably check it out.

0 comments: