Monday, December 25, 2006

Hold that pose...

I consider myself an amateur photographer of sorts. I really enjoy taking pictures and I have a DSLR that I think is pretty nice. Mostly I just photograph my kids, but when we go to the zoo and out an about, I end up taking a lot of photographs of the animals or anything else I think makes an interesting picture. So, there is a contest going on at PhotographyCorner.com which any photographer should enter. It is a Photograph of the Year Contest with $14,000 in prizes available. $14,000! If you take some good photos, you should definitely enter the contest.
The rules are pretty simple and laid out in easy to understand English. An example of some rules are:
· Submitted photographs must be between 1024x768 and 2048x1446 in size.
· Submitted photographs must have all EXIF information intact
· Submitted photographs must have been taken during the year of 2006
Pretty simple really. Just make sure that you were the one who took the photo and follow the rules, you should be fine.
There are a ton of great sponsers for the contest including iStockphoto, Lensbabies, Bibble Labs, Porter Case, and ImageAlign PRO.
There are still a couple of days left in 2006 to take some photos if you don’t have a winner already. Go, shoot!