Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A funny Star Wars CD...sort of.

This is HILLARIOUS! I was at Wal-Mart the other day with my wife. We were browsing the CDs for holiday music for my little girls. We were near the soundtrack section and I noticed a Star Wars CD that looked a bit…odd. So, I hopped on over to investigate. Sure enough, it was a Star Wars soundtrack CD with actual Star Wars songs on it performed by an actual orchestra. It was something like “Star Wars Selections” or something to that effect. The actual song names were legit in that they contained titles like “The Sith lord’s revenge” and “A Jedi’s retreat” and stuff like that. The odd thing was the cover of the CD. It didn’t actually contain ANY images from Star Wars. The images contained references to what might lead you to think of Star Wars without actually displaying anything that could be confused for actual Star Wars images. It’s like the company putting out the CD was able to obtain the rights to publish the music from the movie, but wasn’t able to obtain ANY rights to use any likeness of anything from the movie at all. The cover had the shadowed out figures of what you can only assume are Jedi, but in now way resemble anyone from the actual cast. They were fighting with swords. I’m not talking “laser” swords. I’m talking long swords or broadswords. With the hilts and all. They looked like a medieval knight’s swords. I don’t know about you, but I don’t seem to recall anyone from the movies using a long sword in any battles. I found this Hillarious. It took my wife several minutes to calm me down. I actually considered buying the CD just to show my friends, colleagues, loved ones…
I’ve search and scoured the internet looking for a picture of it. I can’t find it anywhere, so I’m going to have to trek back to Wal-Mart and take a picture of it with my cell phone. I’ll post the picture whenever that happens. If you happen to frequent Wal-Mart, head over to the CD soundtrack section and see if you can find it. Funny, funny stuff.

0 comments: