Friday, December 08, 2006

A heartbreaking episode of Miami Ink

I was watching Miami Ink last night, which is a great show, and about every other episode or so, someone comes in for a memorial tattoo. Usually it’s a grandfather who died recently, or a brother who was killed in a car accident, or even a child that died from some disease or in a car accident. Last night’s memorial tattoo was horrifically sad. My wife started crying and I was mortified. The memorial tattoo was for a little boy, I think he was 3 or so, who was killed. Of course, they don’t tell you how right away, they bring it up later. So, this guy is getting a dragonfly tattooed on his leg and then he starts telling the story of what it represents and such. His son was fascinated by them, by the way. So, he gets to the part on where he tells how he died. The father accidentally ran over him. They were at a marsh looking for dragonflies and he told the son to stay over by their little picnic setup while he moved the car. The boy didn’t listen and he followed him. He went in front of the car while the father was starting to move and the father just ran over him. I couldn’t believe it. I mean, I can’t imagine what it would be like if something like that happened to me. I just don’t even know what to say after that, so I won’t continue.

1 comments:

Tristan said...

The Miami Ink is really a high-quality Show. My Favorite Artist is chris Garver.I love His Tattoo work...I love To Watch Miami Ink Episodes.