Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Planning a trip to Canada

I'm going to be heading up to Canada in January for a class in Toronto. I'm really excited about it. I've posted about a job interview I went on recently (which I haven't heard back on yet) but I'm almost hesitant to take it strictly because it would mean passing up on this trip. I expressed my concerns to my wife and she said that she would take me up to Canada for a vacation if I get the job and have to pass on the trip. If that happens, I'm going to take her up on it. I'm not sure why exactly, but I REALLY want to visit Canada. I also really want to visit Alaska and Maine, but Canada is tops on my list. It's funny too, I don't know what to do up there. I know they have the needle in Toronto and it's supposed to be the world's tallest building, so I'm definitely going to see that, but I'm not sure what else there is there. I want to do all the "Canadian stuff", but I don't know what that is. I mean, I guess I could find someone to play hockey with, but that isn't something I need to go to Canada for. I want to eat local Canadian foods that we can't or don't get in the US. I want to do things that I can't do in the US too. I'm just so excited. I don't know if I'll remember a single thing from the class I'm going up there to take. Hopefully I will though, I have to perform an installation, administer the new software, and train everyone how to use it. Let's hope I retain at least some of it.
Oh, all of this came up because we started getting the requisitions together today for approval to book the hotels and flights and such.

0 comments: