Monday, January 08, 2007

The call

So, I got "the call" today from my potential future employer. Unfortunately, I only got a message and when I called back, I had to leave a message. So, hopefully tomorrow they'll answer the phone and I can talk to someone there.
I know the call has to be an offer. They've been checking my references, which a company generally doesn't do unless they're really looking to hire someone. Also, the message she left me asked me to call her. If I wasn't going to get the job, I'm sure she would have just broken up with my machine. There's no reason to play phone tag so that she can tell me that they weren't interested. So, there's only two reasons they woudl call. Either they ahve a question they want to ask me before making an offer, which is unlikely since they're already checking my references, OR they want to offer me a job. I'm assuming the latter. I'm just hoping that they offer to pay me what I think I deserve. I'm going to call tomorrow, so wish me luck!

0 comments: