Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Windows Vista installed

I installed Windows Vista Home Premium last night and I have to say...I'm fairly impressed. My very first impression of it is that it is very, very pretty. It's about as slick as it gets for an OS. Everything is smooth and flowing. There is almost no delay in selecting something and it opening and working. Everything runs like silk.
Windows found a windows driver for all of my hardware, so everything worked right away. I tried to install the included drivers from all of my hardware and none of it was compatible with Vista. They all referred me to their website for updates. Only half of them actually had Vista ready updates on the site, but everything worked so I wasn't too disappointed. I'm sure the updates will be out shortly. The last thing any software or hardware company wants is for their product to be incompatible with the number one used OS.

I'll update with more impressions as I use the OS more.

0 comments: