Friday, January 12, 2007

Getting ready for taxes

I know, I'm a freak. I can't wait to get my taxes done. I'm weird like that. I'm not even a CPA or anything. I just like doing my taxes. Generally I get a refund, but it was usually a very small one. Last year was the first year that I got to claim my kids. Woo hoo! Big refund. I even changed my W4 to reflect the kids and I STILL got a big refund. Of course, what I consider big and what some other people consider big are different things, of course. Doesn't matter though, I'm the one who gets the check so it only matters what I think, right? Anyway. Previous years, I've always used HRBlock's website to do my taxes. I have always had some sort of problem with them. I'm not entirely sure why I kept using them year after year with the problems I was having, but I did. I'm a creature of habit, I guess. Anyway, last year I got all the way through my taxes and, of course, HRBlock's website couldn't electronically send my taxes. I was going to have to print and mail them. That's not fun. Since you don't pay until to got send them, I hopped over to TurboTax's website and tried them. WOW! They were super easy to use and I had zero problems with them. So, I'm using them again this year too. I know I'm a little weird, but I'm anxiously awaiting my W2s to show up so I can get started. I've already logged in and entered all of our personal information. Now I just need forms to show up. Come on already people!

0 comments: