Sunday, January 28, 2007

Deskless and wandering

So, tomorrow begins my last week at my current job. As an interesting twist of fate, there happened to spring a leak above the divider between my cube and my neighbor's cube. Well, in order to get to the leak and fix it proper, they need to tear down the cubes. So, I had to vacate the cube and pack up my stuff. They were moving me to another cube located on the other side of the building, through two seperate security doors. Considering that I'm training my replacement all week, it doesn't make sense for me to move all of my stuff. So, I packed up my personal stuff on Friday and brought it home with me. Tomorrow morning, I've got to finish the job and clear everything out of the cube. Then I'll just be sharing a cube with my trainee for the week. So, basically, I'm going to spend my last week there without a home of my own and just wandering the offices. What a way to go out.

1 comments:

Raukodraug said...

As the lowly trainee, I must ask... It's not so bad sitting with me... is it?